середу, 4 лютого 2015 р.

Dear Victoria.





Dear Victoria,
I hope you are all right. How’s your family? Do you still work at the workshop? How are your brothers? I tried to play stickball – wish I could play with them!
I have successfully integrated into a new society. For example, I am accustomed to catching taxi, though I can set out and get away from it all if I’m tired from the megapolis. There are many unspoilt and stunning landscapes in America. Moreover, I use every possibility to go for a wander around any lake or forest I can find, especially if it is out of season.
I was working as a newsy for a long time, and it was almost impossible to go away for the first few months. However, I am delighted that my work requires being in the open air.  I tried my best and it turned out to be a great success! I have more money, so now I can afford myself a trip to Florida. I wish I could sunbathe or go camping with you, but I know that you have no time. Maybe I will stop off not far from your home. Anyway, I must renew my passport and after that plan anything.
We live in a run-down house now and I still can’t enter any school, because I must help my family. We were uprooted and flee from these conflicts in Austria-Hungary, so I have to be grateful. We try our best and want to live in peace with everybody around. I don’t have any desire to return.
I still have feeling of nostalgia, when I think about our conversations. I remember about the discrimination we faced with and a great prejudice I saw when I came to a new world. I am glad you helped me with a budget accommodation, because it was hard to find anything cheap in this vibrant city.
Thank you for your help.
Love,
Rudolf

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар